As parents and founders of Sprout, our mission is to create a healthier world by nourishing our children with food that science has proven to be healthful. Nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of our families and children.
By signing up to Sprout you are welcoming us into your family. We are truly grateful for the opportunity and take this responsibility very seriously and in every action, we take as a company.
Whilst we will continue the delivery of our meals uninterruptedly, we wanted to take a moment to share with you the precautions and measures we are taking to ensure the safety of our meals.
First off, we are continually checking with reliable institutions such as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Food and Drug Authority (FDA), and the World Health Organization (WHO) for instructions and updates.
The current consensus among all three of these institutions is that COVID 19 does not spread through food or food packaging. (See these links for more information: CDC, FDA, WHO).
In addition to this, as COVID 19 is heat sensitive and is eliminated at temperatures above 70 degrees Celsius, we wanted to highlight that all our food is fully cooked (i.e. heated up to 100 degrees Celsius) and we do not use or handle any animal products (raw or cooked), which eliminates any potential risk of cross-contamination.
We are following the Food Safety Handling recommendation of these institutions precisely.
Below is our current enhanced food safety protocol:
- All Sprout staff have been thoroughly briefed on COVID 19, the potential risks and hazards, and have been instructed on safety and personal hygiene procedures.
- None of our kitchen staff have traveled outside of the UAE or have been ill in past months.
- All kitchen staff are required to wash & sanitize thoroughly (using antimicrobial solution) hands to elbows and thereafter in 30min intervals throughout their duty.
- All kitchen work surfaces and equipment are cleaned and sanitized three times a day.
- All procured foods are received in a separate area, outside the kitchen, unpacked and immediately washed/sanitized as appropriate.
- All kitchen staff are required to wear protective kitchen attire: frocks, hairnets, gloves, and face masks (No outside clothing is permitted inside the kitchen).
- All glass jars are meticulously washed and sanitized using an industrial dishwasher that washes at approximately 70 degrees Celsius and does a final rinse at approximately 85 degrees Celsius.
- Before each delivery, all delivery boxes are disinfected using an antimicrobial solution spray.
- All deliveries are conducted by one of our team members (as opposed to using an outside service) to ensure proper protocol throughout.
- We provide contactless delivery; all delivery boxes are left on your doorstep to avoid person-to-person contact.
We sincerely hope to be able to alleviate the burden of stress for your family by providing you with safe and healthy ready-to-(h)eat meals that you can rely on.
With much love from our family to yours,
Oz & Kat
and the entire Sprout Team